It’s been 60 years, but Pine Ridge has never forgotten the comic pair that made the town famous enough to provoke an official town name change. The town is host to the Lum n Abner Museum. Adjacent to the Museum is a replica of the legendary “Jot ’em Down Store,” the central setting of the radio programs. And Lum and Abner is one of the more popular swaps among old-time radio fans.
Lum and Abner, an American radio comedy which aired as a network program from 1932 to 1954, became an American institution in its low-keyed, arch rural wit.