Roku streaming Server
You need to assign a static IP address on your lan See this page. Mine is 192.168.1.98.
The Raspberry Pi makes a really good media server for your Roku box.
- 1. Install the MyMedia private channel to your Roku box by clicking here.
- 2. Click on the mymedia icon on the Roku box. You will be issued a code and end up on this page.
- 3. Download and unzip the python script.
- 4. Create /home/pi/mymedia
- 5. Unzip the archive and place the contents in the above directory.
- 6. Make a file /home/pi/mymedia containing:
- 7. Move mymedia to mv /etc/init.d/mymedia
- 8. Make it a service -
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/mymedia
sudo update-rc.d /etc/init.d/mymedia defaults
- 9. Reboot the pi.
- 10. Browse to http://raspberrypiaddress:8001 (mine is http://192.168.1.98:8001)
- 11. Enter your media folders on the pi.
You now have mymedia streaming so that you can watch anything you dump into the folders on the RPI on your Roku box.